Do it in the DIRT 2

Saturday, April 23, 2011

BANDSAW AND BANDSAW BLADE BASICS, SOME TIPS AND TRICKS FOR THE BEST SAW PERFORMANCE





Hello and welcome to my blog about bandsaw and bandsaw basics! I am a retired lineman, who enjoys making dust, working on old cars, pretty much anything that consists of getting dirty and dusty! In this article, I am going to introduce you to a few tips on the best bandsaw experience you can have, whether you buy a retailer's bandsaw or if you decide to build one yourself.

Some of the tips I will share will give you some basics about True Line of Cut, blade length, distance between hub centers and distance between the wheels. These are a few of the things that you must know to ensure a proper performance of your saw. I have provided a few articles on Street Articles and will continue to do so. You can look here for the True Line of Cut article and just click on the author for more articles written by me and get more information on things to do to prepare your saw for the best cut.
Are you someone that has been hit by the economy and don't have extra cash that wants a high capacity bandsaw made from easily acquired items and standard metal, but can't afford the price of a new one? This bandsaw above that I have made cost me about $300 and cuts a full 12 inches thick. This requires very little machining and a small amount of welding. You can resaw with it, or even cut up small limbs into lumber! I have used it to make numerous cuts in limbs that I've taken out of my yard and made lumber from small logs that I bought locally.
I have made plans that are easily followed for my bandsaw, and sold several on Ebay and only had one complaint from a fellow that had absolutely no mechanical ability whatsoever. I probably sold about 100 plans, so I guess I could say that about 99 percent of the time people are satisfied with my plans.
The plans can also be modified slightly to make a deeper cut if you lengthen one bar and use a longer band. You could probably build it cheaper than I did, I used alot of new parts that I could have got used, such as the motor, etc.
Above are a few pictures of the bandsaw I made, including some of the cuts that I made with it. This is the same bandsaw that you will be making with the plans I have available for FREE.
I will continue to post additional articles on Street Articles and here on my blog to give you as much information as you need to get started making some nice things. Look forward to hearing from you and would like you to follow my blog and feel free to add a message about your success with the plans!
Thanks for stopping by. If you would like to add a link to your plans, feel free to do so!

For a free copy of the bandsaw plans, just go HERE and you can download the plans. They are a pdf. file, so you will need to have adobe acrobat. Download and print them off so you have a copy to take to your shop!

No comments:

Post a Comment